Tomorrow’s Tech For Today’s Results
Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
Another major fear of patients is the sound of dental procedures. They can trigger a fear response or make people think pain is coming. To help with this, we provide all patients with headphones to cancel out the noise and help you relax. When you relax, it lets us finish much faster!
For some cases, we will need more imaging than what our digital X-ray can show. This is what our panoramic X-ray machine is for. It exposes parts of your jaw that can’t be seen otherwise. With a single session, we can view:
- The mandibular nerve which provides sensation to the teeth and gums of the lower jaw.
- Your entire upper and lower jawbone and any existing wisdom teeth.
- Your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) or jaw joints.
- The nasal sinuses and their surrounding skeletal bone.
- Cysts, tumors, and other pathologies ( infections ) in the jaw are readily seen now. These can often be missed when conventional single film x-rays are taken in the mouth.
The Intra-Oral Camera
The dental mirror may be the classic tool of the dentist, but the intra-oral camera is far better. It lets both doctor and patient see the entire mouth on a monitor for inspection. You’ll get to see first-hand the same thing we are seeing. Also, we can take photos using this camera to prove to insurance companies that you need a procedure.
Rotary Endodontics (Root Canal)
Endodontics treat the inside of a tooth that is broken or infected. This is commonly called a root canal. This used to be a long and sometimes painful procedure. But new Rotary Endodontics tools help our team perform root canals in a faster and easier way with less pain.